Parts Specialist/Service Assistant
To embody our core values of excellence, team atmosphere, and professionalism in order to provide our clients with an outstanding level of customer service.
Role and Responsibilities
- Be a servant leader, your team comes first.
- Be a professional communicator with all team members.
- Build sale-ready tickets, including all parts, labor, and necessary modifications.
- Monitor ticket accuracy to ensure the smooth acquisition of correct parts and appropriate labor being sold for technicians.
- Manage the ordering, receiving, tracking, and returning of all parts and vehicle components efficiently. (See Parts Process)
- Continuously monitor part success, failures, and comebacks while adapting parts purchasing habits to eliminate troublesome components and suppliers.
- Ask technicians questions to help understand the vehicle issues to adapt parts and needed equipment accordingly.
- Conduct daily business always with the customer’s and companies’ best interests in mind.
- Process and submit warranty reimbursements for both parts and labor.
- Build relationships with parts vendors to then utilize those relationships to better the company and heighten customer experience.
- Monitor relationships with parts suppliers to ensure Wayside Garage is in good standing with each supplier.
- Monitor and track inventory of all stocked (inventory) parts, fluids, and tools.
- Make sure phone presence is positive and professional.
- Help with workload assignment alongside CSR, Service Manager, and Service Advisors.
- Make sure all personnel are performing their jobs safely. If found they are not, inform the rest of the leadership team so we can come alongside the party and coach safe practices.
- Help with regular meetings as needed by the Service Manager.
- Build & maintain the culture of a clean, safe, and positive work environment.
- Job duties are to be performed Monday-Friday 7:30 am-4:30 pm with a 1-hour lunch.
This position is evolving and may include additional responsibilities to assist the Service Advisors