Purpose of Position
The purpose of the Service Advisor is to have a responsible person able to operate and manage the daily customer service needs and business activities, either in association with or in the absence of the Service Manager or Business owner.
All Service Advisors must be able to clearly demonstrate their ability to set and reach performance goals. They must conduct every aspect of their job in an ethical manner. They must have the ability to provide excellent customer service, present and sell recommended service; assist in the sales process with the Service manager and or Business Owner.
All Service Advisors must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours a week on a regular basis. Furthermore, a Service Advisor must also have the ability to manage and control the technical aspects of Wayside Garage’s retention programs as well as be productive themselves.
Areas of Responsibility
Unless otherwise specified, the Service Advisor is responsible, with assistance from the Service Manager and or Business Owner, for all the daily customer service and business-related activities. This responsibility includes but is not limited to a dedication: to the company’s mission statement, employee development, company profitability, and 100% customer satisfaction. Also, maintain positive customer and employee relationships by operating in accordance with approved company policies and procedures as outlined here, in the employee manual, and in task-specific procedures.
Many of the Service Advisor’s responsibilities assist the Service Manager’s and or Business Owners’ responsibilities. They assist each other toward a common goal where teamwork is key.
- Greet customers with a smile.
- Write up service jobs. Order parts for specific repair orders by phone or the Internet.
- Use Protractor, All-Data, Identifix, and service manuals to look up technical information.
- Add part numbers and canned jobs into the software database as needed.
- Follow ATI’s 10-step Relationship Marketing System (RMS) process.
- Maintain service schedule including confirming appointments at least one week prior to schedule.
- Write and sell service/repair to assist in achieving monthly performance goals.
- Wrap up business and close shop at the end of the day. (Refer to Store Closing Tasks)
- Clean the front office and keep presentable.
- Clean parts area and keep orderly.
- Attend weekly Manager’s meetings.
- Assist in the repair order audit.
- Conduct ongoing image inspections of service department/bays and uniform compliance.
- Attend/Hold semi-monthly meetings with Sales Team.
- Review monthly sales and ATI key performance indicators with the management team. Customer follow-up.
- Review monthly expenditures and performance goals with the manager’s team
- Assist owner in the development of marketing plan and goals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet and greet all customers in a gracious, professional manner.
- Begin to develop customer satisfaction indices.
- Track time for repair orders to develop, and maintain “standards”.
- Contribute data as requested to the department operating budget.
- Strive to reduce the customer wait time to 1 minute before helping them.
- Schedule appointments on the customer appointment log.
- Take complete customer information on the repair orders
- Communicate with customers to determine the nature of their problems.
- Complete detailed information on customer problems before passing it on to the Service Manager and or Dispatcher.
- Communicate the dispatching of repair orders to the Service Manager.
- Organize daily workload.
- Expedite all customer repair orders with the technicians at least twice daily,
- Test drive all vehicles when requested.
- Sales: Advise customer on car care.
- Review with the customer the Technicians DVI.
- Raise all customers’ hoods. Sell any recommended maintenance at the vehicle.
- Price any suggested additional work in accordance with pricing practices.
- Indicate the exact repair instructions to both the technician and the customer.
If you have any questions about this job description, contact the owner. You must notify the owner if at any time you can not perform the job or any portion of the job as described above.
This job description is not a contract for employment and pertains to all At-Will associates only.